New Business Development Manager Europe (CT&I)
As the European New Business Development Manager, you will be responsible to develop new partner/vendor business opportunities in the Construction, Transportation & Industrial (CT&I) segment.
You negotiate and establish program partner/vendor program agreements on a European level and support the Head of NBD on global new business initiatives. Based on existing policies and procedures and the CT&I/DLL NBD strategy or plan, you realize the formulated business objectives on new business volume, new partner/vendor profitability and lease penetration rate.
In order to support the CT&I transformational growth strategy, you are also responsible to identify, explore and pursue new market segments or asset classes within the CT&I domain.
Day to day
- Contribute to the formulation of the annual NBD plan objectives and budgets for (regional) New Business Development, in line with the GBU strategy and Group functional policies . Drive execution of the quantitative and qualitative objectives of the NBD plan across the region
- Initiate and build (long-term) relationships with prospective regional vendors and manage the vendor decision-making structure throughout tendering process, in line with NBD plan and policies
- Cooperate and negotiate with regional partner/vendor on agreement conditions, monitor, support and contribute to the initial regional implementation and support Head of NBD in global implementation, within given mandate by VP NBD
- Monitor and analyze any market developments and trends, identify and target new business opportunities on a regional level and support VP NBD on a global level
- Explore and analyse innovative or transformational market trends in the CT&I domain to identify and pursue new market or growth opportunities
- Prepare, coordinate and support the partner/vendor credit application process aimed at approved applications
- Build, maintain and influence a network of in- and external stakeholders/partners and represent department, GBU and DLL to external stakeholders (e.g., vendors, dealers and partners), in line with business needs, policies and external developments
- For new programs in pipeline, structure and manage a seamless handover process from NBD to Program Management, following the vendor onboarding guidance/process
- Liaising and coordinating local NBD initiatives/activities with respective sales managers
- Timely delivery and execution of the European NBD Plan and advice on and contribution to Global NBD business plan
- Number of new vendor prospects executed/signed
- Expected business volume or Gross Profit from new programs
- Conversion rate: # of approved business cases and executed programs
- Number of “transformational” asset classes or business segments within the CT&I domain identified and analysed including quality of business case
- Ensure expected new business volumes from new program will be incorporated into the NBV budgets for each country through the annual budgeting process
“We not only live up to the expectations of our customers for today, but also anticipate their market needs of tomorrow.”
- Proactive sales starter, adept at working independently, with strong sales drive to meet or exceed expectations
- Bachelor or University Degree
- Preferably 5+ years of new business development/ sales or account / management experience in the retail environment
- Strong networking and hunting skills
- Strong negotiation, analytical and execution skills
- Able to discuss and sell balanced vendor program agreements, commercially and legally to create win-win solutions for partners and DLL
- Able to develop opportunities from “cold” approaches, warm leads/referrals or in response to enquiries
- Highly developed emotional intelligence to read the room and to identify and empathize with prospect’s needs and perspectives
- Strong consultative selling skills – listening, questioning, persuading
- Team player, but able to work autonomously as well
- Willingness to travel internationally for at least 50% of the time, as soon as COVID allows
- Fluent in English
- Experience selling or financing CT&I equipment or other hard assets
- Affinity for new technologies in the CT&I domain
- Open to explore new ways of working
- Additional languages
At DLL, we consider our people our biggest asset. That’s why you’ll be treated as a member, not just an employee. Together we create an informal, but professional atmosphere that is hard to find elsewhere. We also encourage members to seek out the best skills across all our offices, because the more networked we are as an organization, the more effective we can be at seeing more than a customer and working harder as a partner.
All members enjoy
- Two working days per year volunteering for a local charity
- Health and Wellness program including healthy food, fresh Coffee Plaza, free health checks, fun health & vitality activities
- Flexible hours with possibility to work from home (within job scope)
- Career development opportunities: online learning, member development programs
- Company pension scheme and attractive collective insurance package
- Employee Benefits Budget for commuting costs, extra hours of leave, pension savings, etc.
DLL’s wellbeing ambition is to educate, equip, and empower members to build connections, manage their mental, emotional, physical, and financial wellness, and maintain balance between work and the other priorities that make up their lives. Our four wellbeing categories are as follows:
- Connection – Build meaningful connections with other members
- Health – Manage mental, emotional, and physical health
- Finance – Provide learning opportunities to help members achieve personal financial health
- Lifestyle – Maintain balance between work and life priorities
These are the things that matter to our members and the wellbeing of our members matters to DLL!
DLL in a nutshell
DLL is a global vendor finance company. Founded in 1969 and headquartered in Eindhoven, the Netherlands, DLL provides asset-based financial solutions in the Agriculture, Food, Healthcare, Clean Technology, Construction, Transportation, Industrial, Office Equipment and Technology industries. DLL partners with equipment manufacturers, dealers and distributors in more than 30 countries to support their distribution channels and help grow their businesses. DLL combines customer focus with deep industry knowledge to deliver sustainable solutions for the complete asset life cycle, including commercial finance, retail finance and used equipment finance. DLL is a wholly owned subsidiary of Rabobank Group.
To learn more about DLL, visit www.dllgroup.com.
Good to know
- Deadline for applications: October 31st.
- Reporting to the Global Head of New Business Development CT&I
- The selection process may involve an assessment
- Applications via email will not be reviewed. Please apply online via our career website
- DLL’s referral program applies
- For more information, you can contact Willem Hessels, Talent Acquisition Partner via firstname.lastname@example.org
DLL is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation in accordance with our values and all applicable legislation.
DLL appreciates the time you spend applying to our openings. We advise only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. Hiring is subject to successful completion of a background verification and integrity check.
Almost all members of DLL in NL are required to take the Bankers Oath. Banks in the Netherlands find it important that everyone working in the Dutch banking environment fulfills their role with integrity and care. The Banker’s Oath is our promise that we will do so with our customers, the society and to each other.