Agile Engineer - Salesforce Developer
DLL is not your average financial services company. In fact, we are above average in almost every way. With an employee engagement score of 85% (compared to the 72% industry average), it sure seems like we are doing something right. And, while most companies survive fewer than 20 years, 2019 marked our 50th.
We collaborate with manufacturers, suppliers, and businesses in more than 30 countries to enable the acquisition of equipment, technology and software that companies need to contribute meaningfully to their communities. We believe in partnering with our customers to develop innovative and sustainable financial solutions that deliver meaningful value to the world.
At DLL, we are committed to making sure that all people, regardless of their race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, physical characteristics, or mental abilities, feel welcomed and encouraged to be their authentic selves. We strive to create an inclusive environment that is reflective of the communities in which we operate. Come see what all the excitement is about.
As a Salesforce Developer, you will work in the Enterprise Business Solution Delivery Team (CRM, Salesforce) and are responsible for the design, development, and support of solutions on the Salesforce platform, including CRM Sales, Service and Community portals, across multiple Salesforce organizations. The ideal candidate would be eager to deliver excellence in custom development for our Salesforce environment: building custom applications, maintain and improving existing custom code and triggers, helping to establish development best practices and release strategy. Reporting to a delivery manager, the Salesforce Developer must demonstrate the ability to work with our users to gather information, document solution design, and develop the Salesforce applications including Sales and Service Cloud. You will work with various departments and focus on supporting Salesforce Architects in building new applications and enhancements, as well as support of existing Salesforce environment.
Day to day
- Advanced skills and development experience in Salesforce application including configuration, triggers, process builders, workflows, visual force, lightning experience, apex coding controllers, batch apex processes, and database design
- Expert knowledge of Salesforce data model, custom objects, API, governor limits, workflows, and configuration
- Experience with designing and implementing Service Case Management on Salesforce Service Cloud
- Experience with integrating with the Salesforce platform (inbound/outbound) using the REST/SOAP APIs or Data Loader
- Design and build high-performance, reusable, and reliable Apex code with best practices
- Ability to support the agile development team wherever possible, including Declarative development and administration
- Ensure the best possible quality of the application
- Identify bugs and align with requirements during debugging
- Work as part of an agile product development team responsible for the timely execution of assigned tasks, and leverage experience to promote process improvement.
- Lead conceptual and technical solution design for assigned features improvements to meet business requirements while ensuring compliance with established architectural principles, standards, and processes.
- Lead Salesforce Developer for the DLL Salesforce environment, including Sales, Service, Marketing, Analytics, Social, Communities
- Troubleshoot problems and manage ongoing support requests from users related to the custom code
- Manage Salesforce data security including roles, profiles, sharing rules, workflows and groups
- Define best practices and be an overall SME and liaison for our Business Administrators and CRM champions.
- Follow coding standards and participate in code reviews during projects to ensure appropriate design patterns come to life
“We lead the way in meeting the need for flexibility and transparency which our customers increasingly expect.”
- 3+ years of extensive working knowledge of SFDC
- 3+ years of experience with Salesforce Sales Cloud and Service Cloud (application design, architecture and development using Salesforce.com), certification preferred.
- Service Cloud Consultant Certification
- Salesforce Certified Administrator (required); Salesforce Certified Advanced Administrator (preferred),
- Platform Developer II Certification (preferred, Platform Developer I required)
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with Salesforce Classic and Lightning required
- Use deep business knowledge of Salesforce products to drive solution architecture and analysis engagement for major initiatives
- Applied knowledge of SFDC and CRM processes including Sales, Services and Marketing functions.
- Applied knowledge of Apex triggers, IAM, Security and Access, Advanced Reporting, Auditing and Monitoring.
- Strong communication and facilitation skills and ability to see a problem through a resolution, focusing on a short-term goal of resolving immediate issues and long-term goals of finding the root cause and resolving it.
- Strong understanding of Salesforce.com best practices
- Ability to communicate technical needs and solutions with non-technical staff
- Highly organized and efficient with excellent time management skills
- Excellent analytical, process design and problem-solving skills
- Ability to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks within a collaborative team environment
At DLL, we are many things. We are team members. Family members. Community members. We are members of society. Members of different cultures and nationalities. Members of change. We each have different beliefs, different passions, different viewpoints, talents, and interests. We come from different backgrounds, cultures, nationalities, and histories. But for all of our differences, we share one thing in common: Each of us are members of DLL. Our company was founded in the Netherlands. But today we are truly a multinational business. We span more than 30 different countries and represent over 40 different nationalities across the globe. Our unique culture is rooted in higher collaboration, less hierarchy and an honest directness that enables us to integrate, ideate and innovate across country lines. Many companies say they are European, North American, South American, Asian, or Australian. At DLL, we are all these places and more. We are a crosscultural collaborative – an interconnected network – that comes together every single day with one goal in mind: Partnering for a better world.
All members enjoy
- Two working days per year volunteering for a local charity
- Health and Wellness program including healthy food, free health checks, fun health & vitality activities.
- Flexible hours with possibility to work from home
- Career development opportunities: online learning, member development programs
DLL’s wellbeing ambition is to educate, equip, and empower members to build connections, manage their mental, emotional, physical, and financial wellness, and maintain balance between work and the other priorities that make up their lives. Our four wellbeing categories are as follows:
- Connection – Build meaningful connections with other members
- Health – Manage mental, emotional, and physical health
- Finance – Provide learning opportunities to help members achieve personal financial health
- Lifestyle – Maintain balance between work and life priorities
These are the things that matter to our members and the wellbeing of our members matters to DLL!
Good to know
- Deadline for applications: 17th of July
- The selection process may involve an assessment
- Applications via email will not be reviewed. Please apply online via our career website
- DLL’s referral program applies
- For more information, you can contact Willem Hessels, Talent Acquisition Partner via firstname.lastname@example.org
We advise only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. Hiring subject to successful completion of a background check.
DLL is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation in accordance with our values and all applicable legislation.
DLL appreciates the time you spend applying to our openings. We advise only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. Hiring is subject to successful completion of a background verification and integrity check.