DLL is not your average financial services company. In fact, we’re above average in almost every way. With an employee engagement score of 85% (compared to the 72% industry average), it sure seems like we’re doing something right. And, while most companies survive fewer than 20 years, 2019 marked our 50th.
We collaborate with manufacturers, suppliers, and businesses in more than 30 countries to enable the acquisition of equipment, technology and software that companies need to contribute meaningfully to their communities. We believe in partnering with our customers to develop innovative and sustainable financial solutions that deliver meaningful value to the world.
At DLL, we are committed to making sure that all people, regardless of their race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, physical characteristics, or mental abilities, feel welcomed and encouraged to be their authentic selves. We strive to create an inclusive environment that is reflective of the communities in which we operate. Come see what all the excitement is about.
DLL Canada invites you to share in our national growth strategy success by joining our Sales Team. We are hiring a Business Development Manager, Technology Solutions. Reporting to the Country Sales Manager Technology Solutions; the Business Development Manager (BDM) is responsible for the solicitation, marketing, and development of all aspects of new business relationships. The BDM is located and transacts all business from within Canada, primarily in Ontario, but frequently with national coverage.
Day to day:
- Large emphasis on developing new relationships within Technology market
- Responsible for development and management of vendor relationships and growing existing reseller relationships for De Lage Landen Canada
- Primary management of emerging reseller relationships
- Responsible for contacting and maintaining the day-to-day activities of the vendors directly on all transactions and initiatives
- Prepare and distribute new business volume forecast
- Resolve Program issues (Pending, declines and deficiencies)
- Propose deal structures
- Develop, implement, and manage marketing promotions with Partner (Direct/Indirect)
- Create, manage and achieve commercial goals
- Report on transactional activities as required
- Manage risk, residual, renewal, recovery and fee income
“Our values are not imposed from the top but built by the members themselves.”
- Ideally a post-secondary education in Business or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2-3 years of inside sales or sales experience for a technology reseller, or with extensive financing experience within the technology sector
- At self starter able to work and succeed independently
- Proven sales, negotiation, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Confidence with cold calling and business development, won’t get discouraged by “no”
- Thorough knowledge of current technology marketplace structure, trends and activities
- A risk taker and problem solver who can build relationships and leverage energy and spirit to create a winning solution
- A “need to win” attitude and the ability to persevere to see the process through to completion
- Proficient in MS Office product, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, SFDC is also preferred
- Ability to deliver exceptional customer service
- Superior interpersonal and communication (written & verbal) skills
- Time management - superior planning, organization, and prioritization skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Solid team player
- Self-motivated, capable of working independently in a fast-paced environment
This position allows for remote working from home across all of Canada. Through these unprecedented times, DLL has successfully evolved and adapted to remote work arrangements. We are now excited to offer more flexible opportunities, including full time remote work, that will continue past the COVID-19 pandemic. Whether employees are working in the office, working from home or a combination of both, DLL is proud to uphold the cohesive company culture for all.
At DLL, you will deal with the constantly changing needs of our business and our partners. To make sure we succeed, members must look to the future and adapt to the present. That is why we also encourage members to seek out the best skills across all our offices. The more networked we are as an organization, the more effective we can be at seeing more than a customer and working harder as a partner.
All members enjoy:
- Two working days per year volunteering for a local charity
- Bonus plan
- Remote working from home opportunities
- Flexible hours
- Career development opportunities: online learning, member development programs, Tuition reimbursement program.
- Outstanding Medical, Dental, Vision and Paramedical benefit programs
- Employer paid defined contribution Pension plan
- Industry leading Vacation package
- Subsidized Gym membership programs
- Employee Referral program
- Open concept modern working environment
DLL in a nutshell
DLL specializes in asset-based financial solutions for equipment manufacturers, dealers and distributors in the Agriculture, Food, Healthcare, Clean Technology, Transportation, Construction, Industrial and Office Technology industries. We operate in more than 35 countries to enable businesses to obtain and use the assets they need to contribute meaningfully to the world. Our offerings include vendor finance, commercial finance, life cycle asset management, consumer finance, leasing and factoring. For more information about our organization, visit www.dllgroup.com.
Good to know:
DLL is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation in accordance with DLL values and all applicable legislation.
DLL appreciates the time you spend applying to our openings. We advise only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. Hiring is subject to successful completion of a background verification and integrity check.