As the Production Support Analyst, you will be a part of a cross-functional team covering all aspects of application development from business analysis to testing. The candidate must be hands on in day-to-day duties with an enthusiasm for technology, particularly with software development and a focus on quality.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure the production environment is monitored for any issues or fall out, and ensure the proper error handing, reporting and corrections for any issues.
- Participate in the on-call after hours support rotation.
- Create traceability from fix recommendation generation through to Test Case execution.
- Ensure that analysis is compliant with IT standards and requirements
- Fix is aligned to application designed requirements and designs
- Testing activities validate quality and alignment to requirements
- Identify opportunities for software improvement
- Take preventive or corrective actions when necessary
- Ensure delivery of deliverables are on time, on budget and ‘on quality’
- Ensure that all deliverables comply with the boundaries set by enterprise architecture and by security and compliance.
- Ensure applicable audit actions are managed and fulfilled in a timely manner
- Support and when necessary execute Link and SIT testing activities
- Ensure the development and introduction of changes to existing systems, in line with functional requirements
- Ensure the execution of changes, in line with change requests or because of technical necessity.
- Ensure the execution of the technical deployment activities in line with defined process.
Technical Skills must include most of the following:
- Database SQL and Performance Tuning Experience
- SQL query reading and writing as well as general relational database knowledge is a must.
- Database design, modifications and improvements for transactional systems
- Data normalization/denormalization
- Design and modification of Advanced queries, Triggers, Stored procedures – PL/SQL
- Performance Testing (Database Performance tuning for real-time service calls, tuning of Conversion process)
- ETL Knowledge, mapping, troubleshooting. IBM DataStage preferred
- Development of J2EE applications using Spring, Java 8 or higher
- Experience in Unix / Linux
- Batch Job-Scheduling, monitoring, and interface processing
- Experience working with Large scale applications with large amount of data
- Oracle 12c running in a Linux environment
Nice to have technical skills:
- Development of JSP and other UI Framework
- Working experience with Azure/DevOps, Subversion or an equivalent code versioning platform
- Hibernate experience is preferable. Knowledge of other ORM Frameworks is acceptable
- Knowledge of alternative SQL, general understanding and the ability to write queries.
- Two working days per year volunteering for a local charity
- Health and Wellness program including healthy food, fresh Coffee Plaza, free health checks, fun health & vitality activities
- Flexible hours with possibility to work from home (within job scope)
- Career development opportunities: online learning, member development programs
- Highly competitive benefits