DLL is not your average financial services company. In fact, we’re above average in almost every way. With an employee engagement score of 85% (compared to the 72% industry average), it sure seems like we’re doing something right. And, while most companies survive fewer than 20 years, 2019 marked our 50th.
We collaborate with manufacturers, suppliers, and businesses in more than 30 countries to enable the acquisition of equipment, technology and software that companies need to contribute meaningfully to their communities. We believe in partnering with our customers to develop innovative and sustainable financial solutions that deliver meaningful value to the world.
At DLL, we are committed to making sure that all people, regardless of their race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, physical characteristics, or mental abilities, feel welcomed and encouraged to be their authentic selves. We strive to create an inclusive environment that is reflective of the communities in which we operate. Come see what all the excitement is about.
- Assist the global talent acquisition team on various projects and initiatives.
- Act as a liaison with candidates and new hires to ensure a positive experience.
- Establish rapport and build solid relationships with hiring managers and internal partners.
- Assist with background checks as required.
- Discover and build networks with universities/colleges throughout Canada.
- Attend and assist with campus or association events.
- Identify diversity groups that DLL can partner with.
- Partner with our team to help execute on diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- Uncover process improvement areas to elevate efficiencies throughout the department.
“We not only live up to the expectations of our customers for today, but also anticipate their market needs of tomorrow.”
- MUST be Enrolled in a Co-Op recognized post graduate Human Resources Management Certificate or related program.
- 1 to 2 years of experience in a service role.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and an ability to prioritize in a changing environment.
- Highly flexible and adaptable, able to react quickly and effectively to urgent requests and changing priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Very customer service focused.
- Course work (or experience) normally obtained through enrollment (or lived experiences) in a Business, Human Resources, Recruiting, or Administrative degree (capacity)
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word
- Ability to work from home remotely/independently and in a virtual team environment
This position allows for remote working from home across all of Canada. Through these unprecedented times, DLL has successfully evolved and adapted to remote work arrangements. We are now excited to offer more flexible opportunities, including full time remote work, that will continue past the COVID-19 pandemic. Whether employees are working in the office, working from home or a combination of both, DLL is proud to uphold the cohesive company culture for all.
At DLL, we consider our people our biggest asset. That’s why you’ll be treated as a member, not just an employee. Together we create an informal, but professional atmosphere that is hard to find elsewhere. We also encourage members to seek out the best skills across all our offices, because the more networked we are as an organization, the more effective we can be at seeing more than a customer and working harder as a partner.
DLL’s wellbeing ambition is to educate, equip, and empower members to build connections, manage their mental, emotional, physical, and financial wellness, and maintain balance between work and the other priorities that make up their lives. Our four wellbeing categories are as follows:
- Connection – Build meaningful connections with other members
- Health – Manage mental, emotional, and physical health
- Finance – Provide learning opportunities to help members achieve personal financial health
- Lifestyle – Maintain balance between work and life priorities
These are the things that matter to our members and the wellbeing of our members matters to DLL!
DLL in a nutshell:
DLL is a global vendor finance company with more than EUR 30 billion in assets. Founded in 1969 and headquartered in Eindhoven, the Netherlands, DLL provides asset-based financial solutions in the Agriculture, Food, Healthcare, Clean Technology, Construction, Transportation, Industrial, Office Equipment and Technology industries. DLL partners with equipment manufacturers, dealers, and distributors in more than 30 countries to support their distribution channels and help grow their businesses. DLL combines customer focus with deep industry knowledge to deliver sustainable solutions for the complete asset life cycle, including commercial finance, retail finance and used equipment finance. DLL is a wholly owned subsidiary of Rabobank Group.
To learn more about DLL, visit www.dllgroup.com.
Good to know:
DLL is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation in accordance with DLL values and all applicable legislation.
DLL appreciates the time you spend applying to our openings. We advise only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. Hiring is subject to successful completion of a background verification and integrity check.